Take a little bit of sparkly magic and wear it dangling from your ears, ensuring all eyes are on you as you go about your day. These small oval earrings are ideal for the woman who prefers refined style over extravagant statements. They make use of a minimalist design and intricate jewelry-making techniques.
The glass earrings shimmer and shine thanks to the handwoven metal fabric that is behind them. The woven silver wires are amplified by the glass casing, creating a look that is simply unbelievable. These earrings have the ability to lift a casual outfit or complement a dressier look, making them ideal for day-to-night wear.
• Size: Each earring is 7/8 of an inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 3/8 of an inch wide.
• Weight: These earrings are also extremely lightweight and comfortable, weighing in at just .06 ounces - less than the weight of a dime (.08 ounces).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns