Designed to shimmer from your earlobes like tiny beacons, these earrings are unusual in the way they are made, sparkling without glitter yet still complementing whatever outfit you happen to be wearing.
This sparkling effect comes from the hand woven silver wires beneath the glass. The glass focuses the light on the polished surface of the silver woven metal fabric, reflecting it back at different angles like a well cut gem. There are few other materials that can create such a stunning and interesting result. Show the world your sophisticated side with a pair of earrings that sparkle without overwhelming your look.
• Size: Each earring is 1 inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 1/2 of an inch wide.
• Weight: These earrings are also lightweight and comfortable, weighing in at .11 ounces - a little more than the weight of a penny (.09 ounces).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns