Bring the fun of the kaleidoscope to your outfit with this shimmery, shiny pyramid-shaped pendant necklace. Designed to catch the light in all different directions, this geometric design will add a real boost to your outfit, whether you are feeling casual or dressy.
The unique pendant style has been created using an old medieval technique that Tahmi has perfected. Silver metal wire has been carefully woven and then embedded behind glass, giving the impression of a glittery finish. It is a piece that encourages a closer look and is sure to become one of your favorite everyday accessories.
• Size: Pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 7/8 of an inch long and 5/8 inch wide.
• Weight: This pendant is also lightweight and comfortable for all day wear, weighing in at .08 of an ounce - exactly the weight of a dime (.08 oz).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain: Pendant comes with either an 18 or 20 inch, 2.2 mm drawn flat cable (paperclip style) chain in traditional .925 sterling silver.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns