A shiny black enamel teardrop pendant provides the perfect frame for Tahmi's handwoven sparkling, diamond-like strip of light. This pendant will ensure all eyes are on you - gaining compliments on your impeccable dress sense will be a favorable side-effect of wearing this necklace.
The silver shimmer has been created by hand weaving wire and embedding it behind the glass. With light reflecting at different angles, the gentle glitter makes for a stunning look that you can reach for every day, no matter what you may be wearing.
• Size: Each pendant is 1 inch long and 1/2 of an inch wide.
• Weight: This pendant is also comfortable for all day wear, weighing in at .08 of an ounce each - just a little less than the weight of a penny (.09 oz)
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
Click here to learn why Argentium is so much better than traditional sterling silver!
• Glass: Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain: Pendant comes with either an 18 or 20 inch, 2.2 mm drawn flat cable (paperclip style) chain in traditional .925 sterling silver.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
To learn more, check out this page on the entire process.
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns
Here is a link to my FAQ page, or you can ask me a question directly through my Contact Me page.