Stripy and striking, this incredible woven silver Deco pendant will make an amazing statement on your chest! Ideal for lifting muted colors in an outfit or complementing your best night out clothes, this versatile style is sure to get you noticed for all the right reasons.
The unique design has been crafted from small silver wires that have been woven together. When situated under glass this woven metal fabric really comes to life, glittering and glistening in any light. Black enamel makes the perfect surround, allowing this shimmer to really pop!
• Size: Pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.
• Weight: This pendant is also comfortable to wear, weighing in at .38 ounces - exactly the weight of a nickel and a quarter together (.38 oz).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass:Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain: Pendant comes with either an 18 or 20 inch, 2.2 mm drawn flat cable (paperclip style) chain in traditional .925 sterling silver.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns