Add a touch of class to any outfit with this stunning diamond shaped silver and black wrap bracelet. A timeless design reminiscent of style icons of the past, the traditional diamond shape has been given a contemporary update that catches the eye as it sparkles in the light. The added glass oval on the top adds a layer of magnification to the underlying silver woven metal, creating a hypnotic, kaleidoscopic effect.
This adorable charm has been placed on another of Tahmi’s innovations. The wrap bracelet opens like a pair of wings, making it incredibly easy to place on your arm. Closing the wings allows the memory wire to mold to your wrist, ensuring it doesn’t come loose or even move as you continue with your day. It is a comfortable, practical and stylish option for everyday wear.
• Size: Is a one size fits most. The bracelet has memory wire "wings" that adjust to your wrist size. The focal point of the bracelet is 1 3/8 inches wide and 7/8 of an inch high.
• Weight: This bracelet is also light weight and comfortable, weighing .26 ounces - just a little more than the weight of three dimes (.24 oz).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass:Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Bracelet "wings": These are rubber covered memory wire capped with Argentium sterling silver tips.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns