Add a touch of class to any outfit with this stunning diamond shaped gold and black enamel pendant. A timeless design reminiscent of style icons of the past, the traditional diamond shape has been given a contemporary update that catches the eye as it sparkles in the light.
Lightweight and created with meticulous attention to detail, this elegant pendant is typical of the simple, yet fabulous style of Tahmi. The added 4 glass ovals on the top adds a layer of magnification to the underlying 14K yellow and rose gold woven metal, creating a hypnotic, kaleidoscopic effect sure to get you noticed!
• Size: Each pendant is 2 1/8 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and 1/2 inch deep
• Weight: This pendant is also lighter than you might think, weighing in at .60 of an ounce - exactly the weight of 3 quarters (.6 oz).
• Gold: I'm using both yellow and rose 14K gold fill in this design. If you melt it down, gold fill is 1/20th gold by weight. It wears and cares just like solid 14K, so it's a good compromise in quality and price between solid 14K gold and 14K gold plate. All my materials are nickel free so you can wear them with confidence!
• Glass: Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain: Necklace comes with a 2.2 mm flat cable chain in 14K yellow gold fill in the length of your choice.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns