Featuring the woven-wire-under-glass technique that Tahmi has become so well-known for, the fused glass raindrops on the diamond-shaped charms in this set increase the distortion of light. This helps to create a sparkling effect reminiscent of precious gems, but with a lightweight, comfortable finish. You are sure to find yourself showered with compliments when wearing these earrings, whether you are in the office or out drinking with friends.
These truly are some special and unique earrings! Incorporating many of Tahmi’s signature style techniques in one design, they are incredibly interesting and sure to boost your outfit without overwhelming your look.
•Size Earrings: Each earring is 1 inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 5/8 of an inch wide.
• Size Pendant: The pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 7/8 of an inch long and 5/8 inch wide.
•Weight: This jewelry is also extremely lightweight and comfortable, with each piece weighing in at .08 of an ounce each - exactly the weight of a dime (.08 oz).
Nickel Free Materials
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Chain: Pendant comes with either an 18 or 20 inch, 2.2 mm drawn flat cable (paperclip style) chain in traditional .925 sterling silver.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
Woven Metal and Glass Video
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Normally, I'll be able to make and ship your items within 1 - 3 business days after you place your order. If I expect that shipping will take longer, I will send an email with my best shipping date estimate.
If it's the wrong size, not to worry - mail it back and I'll be happy to resize the bracelet or necklace just for the cost of return shipping (which is normally $4).
Buying things sight unseen on the internet can be difficult. If you think it's not going to work out for you, please contact me within 14 days of receipt for return instructions. Items received back within 30 days of shipping, unworn and in their original packaging are eligible for a full refund.
Here is a link to my FAQ page, or you can ask me a question directly through my Contact Me page.