Whether you want to complement your outfit with jewelry that will add a little sparkle to everyday workwear, or you need some big sparkle that will brighten up the dancefloor, this attention getting jewelry set is just the thing.
The intense silver shimmer of these pieces mimics the look of a large diamond, and has been created with a unique woven-metal-under-glass design. The silver wire has been handwoven before being embedded behind a glass pyramid. The way the light reflects from these earrings creates a sparkle like you'd see from the best faceted stones, making it very difficult for anyone to look away!
•Size Earring: Each earring is 1 inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 5/8 of an inch wide.
• Size Pendant: The pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 7/8 of an inch long and 5/8 inch wide.
•Weight: This jewelry is also extremely lightweight and comfortable, with each piece weighing in at just .08 ounces each - exactly the weight of a dime (.08 ounces).
Nickel Free Materials
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Chain: Pendant comes with either an 18 or 20 inch, 2.2 mm drawn flat cable (paperclip style) chain in traditional .925 sterling silver.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
Woven Metal and Glass Video
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Normally, I'll be able to make and ship your items within 1 - 3 business days after you place your order. If I expect that shipping will take longer, I will send an email with my best shipping date estimate.
If it's the wrong size, not to worry - mail it back and I'll be happy to resize the bracelet or necklace just for the cost of return shipping (which is normally $4).
Buying things sight unseen on the internet can be difficult. If you think it's not going to work out for you, please contact me within 14 days of receipt for return instructions. Items received back within 30 days of shipping, unworn and in their original packaging are eligible for a full refund.
Here is a link to my FAQ page, or you can ask me a question directly through my Contact Me page.