Incorporate the ancient art of Feng Shui into your everyday look with these chic Bamboo Hoop Earrings. Stylishly channel the five life elements, Wood, Metal, Water (symbolized by the glass), Air (incorporated by the negative space in the design), and Fire (the flash generated by the combination of the woven metal embedded behind the glass) that are seamlessly blended in a simple, yet elegant design that perfectly complements your Earth Mother style.
Lightweight, timeless and ideal for those looking to add a little balance to their life, these sparkly silver drop earrings are sure to get you noticed for all the right reasons.
•Size:Each drop earring is 1 3/8 inches long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 1 inch wide.
•Weight:These hanging earrings are also light weight and comfortable, weighing just .1 of an ounce each - a little more than the weight of a penny (.09 oz).
Nickel Free Materials
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Bamboo: The wood accents are created from stained, sustainably farmed bamboo.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
Woven Metal and Glass Video
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Normally, I'll be able to make and ship your items within 1 - 3 business days after you place your order. If I expect that shipping will take longer, I will send an email with my best shipping date estimate.
If it's the wrong size, not to worry - mail it back and I'll be happy to resize the bracelet or necklace just for the cost of return shipping (which is normally $4).
Buying things sight unseen on the internet can be difficult. If you think it's not going to work out for you, please contact me within 14 days of receipt for return instructions. Items received back within 30 days of shipping, unworn and in their original packaging are eligible for a full refund.
Here is a link to my FAQ page, or you can ask me a question directly through my Contact Me page.