Add a touch of class to any outfit with these stunning silver and black enamel teardrop earrings. A timeless design reminiscent of style icons of the past, the traditional teardrop shape has been given a contemporary update that catches the eye as it sparkles in the light.
Lightweight and created with meticulous attention to detail, these elegant earrings are typical of the simple, yet fabulous style of Tahmi. Crafted using a woven-metal-under-glass technique, these incredible pieces complement every outfit and face shape, so you can purchase with confidence, knowing these will complete your look with ease.
• Size: Each earring is 3/4 of an inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 1/2 inch wide.
• Weight: These earrings are also comfortable, weighing in at .09 of an ounce each - exactly the weight of a penny (.09 oz).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass:Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns