Featuring the woven-wire-under-glass technique that Tahmi has become so well-known for, the fused glass raindrops on the diamond-shaped charm increase the distortion of light. This helps to create a sparkling effect reminiscent of precious gems but with a lightweight, comfortable finish. You are sure to find yourself showered with compliments when wearing these earrings, whether you are in the office or out drinking with friends.
These truly are some special and unique earrings! Incorporating many of Tahmi’s signature style techniques in one design, they are incredibly interesting and sure to boost your outfit without overwhelming your look.
• Size: Each earring is 1 inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 5/8 of an inch wide.
• Weight: These earrings are also comfortable, weighing in at .08 of an ounce each - exactly the weight of a dime (.08 oz).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns