This sparkly diamond shaped pendant and earring gift set might look like golden crystal from a distance, but it has actually been created using an ancient wire-weaving technique. When the 14K yellow and rose gold fill woven metal fabric is embedded behind the glass, the reflection of light helps to create a shimmer that is reminiscent of a faceted gemstone. The raindrop bubbles are made of fused glass, helping to refract light even more, creating a shimmery golden finish that is absolutely irresistible.
A wonderful complement to any outfit or occasion, this jewelry set will quickly your new favorite item, designed to bring style and sophistication to your daily wardrobe.
•Size Pendant: This pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 7/8 of an inch long and 5/8 inch wide.
• Size Earring: Each earring is 1 inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 5/8 of an inch wide.
•Weight: This jewelry is also extremely lightweight and comfortable, with each piece weighing in at .08 of an ounce - exactly the weight of a dime (.08 oz).
Nickel Free Materials
• Gold: I'm using both14K yellow and rose gold fill in this design. If you melt it down, gold fill is 1/20th gold by weight. It wears and cares just like solid 14K, so it's a good compromise in quality and price between solid 14K gold and 14K gold plate. All my materials are nickel free so you can wear them with confidence!
• Chain: Necklace comes with a 2.2 mm flat cable chain in 14K yellow gold fill in the length of your choice.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
Woven Metal and Glass Video
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Normally, I'll be able to make and ship your items within 1 - 3 business days after you place your order. If I expect that shipping will take longer, I will send an email with my best shipping date estimate.
If it's the wrong size, not to worry - mail it back and I'll be happy to resize the bracelet or necklace just for the cost of return shipping (which is normally $4).
Buying things sight unseen on the internet can be difficult. If you think it's not going to work out for you, please contact me within 14 days of receipt for return instructions. Items received back within 30 days of shipping, unworn and in their original packaging are eligible for a full refund.
Here is a link to my FAQ page, or you can ask me a question directly through my Contact Me page.