Contrasting shades make for a very dramatic oval pendant that might be small but is sure to make a huge impact on your outfit! The shiny black enamel paints a very elegant and sophisticated picture, while the shimmery mix of a rose and yellow gold woven metal stripe brings the whole look to life.
This mixed gold and black enamel pendant is thick, lightweight and solid. All the movement in this piece is contained within the glass focal section. Here, Tahmi has woven thin 14K yellow and rose gold wires together and embedded them behind the glass. The reflection of light on the glass creates a shimmery golden finish that is absolutely irresistible.
• Size: Pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 1 inch long and 1/2 inch wide.
• Weight: This pendant is also lightweight and comfortable for all day wear, weighing in at .09 of an ounce - exactly the weight of a penny (.09 oz).
• Gold: I'm using both yellow and rose 14K gold fill in this design. If you melt it down, gold fill is 1/20th gold by weight. It wears and cares just like solid 14K, so it's a good compromise in quality and price between solid 14K gold and 14K gold plate. All my materials are nickel free so you can wear them with confidence!
• Glass: Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain: Necklace comes with a 2.2 mm flat cable chain in 14K yellow gold fill in the length of your choice.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns