A shiny black enamel teardrop pendant provides the perfect frame for Tahmi's handwoven sparkling multi-gold strip of light. This pendant will ensure all eyes are on you - gaining compliments on your impeccable dress sense will be a favorable side-effect of wearing this necklace.
The 14K yellow and rose gold fill shimmer has been created by hand weaving wire and embedding it behind the glass. With light reflecting at different angles, the gentle glitter makes for a stunning look that you can reach for every day, no matter what you may be wearing.
• Size: Each pendant is 1 inch long and 1/2 of an inch wide.
• Weight: This pendant is also comfortable for all day wear, weighing in at .08 of an ounce each - just a little less than the weight of a penny (.09 oz)
• Gold: I'm using both yellow and rose 14K gold fill in this design. If you melt it down, gold fill is 1/20th gold by weight. It wears and cares just like solid 14K, so it's a good compromise in quality and price between solid 14K gold and 14K gold plate. All my materials are nickel free so you can wear them with confidence!
• Glass: Pieces of clear glass with black enamel are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain: Necklace comes with a 2.2 mm flat cable chain in 14K yellow gold fill in the length of your choice.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns