Designed to shimmer from your earlobes like tiny beacons, these earrings are unusual in the way they are made, sparkling without glitter yet still complementing whatever outfit you happen to be wearing.
This sparkling effect comes from the hand woven 14K yellow and rose gold wires beneath the glass. The glass focuses the light on the polished surface of the gold woven metal fabric, reflecting it back at different angles like a well cut gem. There are few other materials that can create such a stunning and interesting result. Show the world your sophisticated side with a pair of earrings that sparkle without overwhelming your look.
• Size: Each earring is 1 inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 1/2 of an inch wide.
• Weight: These earrings are also lightweight and comfortable, weighing in at .11 ounces - a little more than the weight of a penny (.09 ounces).
• Gold: I'm using both yellow and rose 14K gold fill in this design. If you melt it down, gold fill is 1/20th gold by weight. It wears and cares just like solid 14K, so it's a good compromise in quality and price between solid 14K gold and 14K gold plate. All my materials are nickel free so you can wear them with confidence!
• Glass:Pieces of clear glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns