The brilliance of this pendant design is one that could never be emulated by a precious gemstone. This unique style has been meticulously and deliberately crafted by Tahmi, created using a special medieval technique that involves weaving 14K yellow and rose gold fill metal wires.
When placed under the glass cabochon, the highly polished shine of this woven metal is enhanced, making for a truly spectacular shimmer. Every angle of the domed glass shape provides a slightly different view, creating a pendant that is incredibly interesting to look at.
• Size: Pendant measures (from the top of the bail) 1 inch long and 1/2 inch wide.
• Weight: This pendant is also lightweight and comfortable for all day wear, weighing in at .11 of an ounce - just a little more than the weight of a penny (.09 oz).
• Gold: I'm using both yellow and rose 14K gold fill in this design. If you melt it down, gold fill is 1/20th gold by weight. It wears and cares just like solid 14K, so it's a good compromise in quality and price between solid 14K gold and 14K gold plate. All my materials are nickel free so you can wear them with confidence!
• Glass:Pieces of clear glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Chain:Necklace comes with a 2.2 mm flat cable chain in 14K yellow gold fill in the length of your choice.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns