These earrings may be small, but they pack a super-stylish punch! Intended to be the perfect accompaniment to everyday life, these small rectangular earrings are ideal for the woman who prefers refined style over extravagant statements. They make use of a minimalist design and intricate jewelry-making techniques.
The subtle silver shimmer is created with carefully hand woven metal wire. When this woven metal is positioned under the rectangular glass, these earrings attract the light, which bounces off the angles in different directions, giving a brilliant finish. Show the world your sophisticated side with a pair of earrings that sparkle without overwhelming your look.
• Size: Each earring is 1/2 of an inch long (measured from the ball on the earwire) and 1/4 of an inch wide.
• Weight: These earrings are also extremely lightweight and comfortable, weighing in at just .04 ounces - half the weight of a dime (.08 ounces).
• Silver: Argentium Sterling Silver - this is the low tarnish sterling silver alloy made from 100% recycled silver. Traditional sterling silver is .925% silver, but Argentium sterling silver is .935%. That little bit of extra pure silver gives Argentium a brighter, whiter color making it look more like platinum.
• Glass: Clear pieces of glass are embedded on top of the woven metal.
• Packaging: Items are packaged with an anti-tarnish tab in a recycled paper gift box with anti-tarnish filler, which makes for easy gifting and storage.
• Ear Guards: If you ordered french hook earwires, they are sent with complementary soft plastic ear guards to provide extra assurance that your earrings will stay on.
I have pioneered a new technique which creates the woven metal under glass effect. Using a medieval finger weaving technique, I weave strips from thin metal wire. I then take that woven metal fabric and embed it behind glass. The different shapes of glass either magnify or distort the underlying weave creating many interesting visual effects. In order to take these visual effects even further, I then fuse layers of glass in my kiln and put the woven metal fabric behind that.
But my favorite part is how the bends and the twists of the woven metal fabric interact with the light that is focused by the glass. The intense sparkly nature of these pieces rivals the sparkle in a well cut diamond!
Here is a brief video of me weaving the woven metal fabric:
Shipping, Exchanges and Returns